Full Facility Closure - Major Lab Equipment and Greenhouse Assets from a
Global - Fortune 500 - Agricultural Solutions & BioSciences Company
Lots Open for bidding: August 26, 2022 at 7:00AM
Lots begin Closing:
Day 1: from 10h00 AM Aug 30, 2022
Day 2: from 10h00 AM Aug 31, 2022
Day 3: from 10h00 AM Sep 1, 2022
All lots are scheduled to close 45 Seconds apart, with 10-minute bid extensions, meaning, if there is continued bidding with the last 10 minutes of the countdown clock, the clock will reset to 10 minutes, until there is no further advance. As an example, this means the 1st lot may close later that the the 5th lot or the 10th lot in the sale.
NOTICE: If you do not have a bidding history on Bidspotter, or if you have a Negative indicator on your bidder profile, we will require a $1000.00 Credit Card Authorization. You can find the credit card authorization form at this link. Please complete, and send to us as Secure@proxiogroup.com or by fax to 216-271-5210 Attn: Howie.. We do not have access to your credit card information you have provided to Bidspotter. Your card will not be charged, only an authorization for $1000.00 taken. If you are a successful bidder you can choose to pay with the provided card, or any other of our approved payment options.
Payment: Wire Transfers (No ACH). Cashiers Checks and Certified Company Checks. (non-certified checks will take 15 business days to clear before shipping). Credit Cards: All Major Credit Cards up to a maximum of $5000.00 per transaction. Cash at the auction site will be accepted as well. All Payments are due by Sept 9th, 2022.
All purchased items must be removed by: September 23rd, 2022. Please see list of riggers available for this sale
Currency: This auction is conducted in U.S. Funds
Buyers Premium: a 18% Buyers Premium is applicable.
If you are a winning bidder, you will receive an invoice after the conclusion of the auction. If you do not see an invoice 2 hours following the auction, please check your spam or junk box.
By Registering for this auction, you are agreeing to comply with our Auction Terms and Conditions as listed below.
All sales are final.
All Assets are sold AS-IS and WHERE-IS, with no guarantees, or warranties whatsoever, given or implied. Subject to terms and conditions found below.
Software: Software is not included; licenses are not transferable. If you purchase an item that requires software, you are responsible for acquiring a new license.
All local and state sales taxes are applicable. Taxes can be remove by providing a State Tax Exemption Form from your state. The Max Sales Tax Rate for N.C. is 7.5%
Any external links found on individual lot descriptions are for informational purposes only, and are provided as a courtesy by the auctioneer. The User Manual, Manufacturer's Data Sheet, Link to a particular website, or any product information of any kind whatsoever, found at these links may not accurately represent the product being sold. It is entirely incumbent on the buyer to ensure they are fully aware and informed of the asset being purchased in each lot, notwithstanding any external links to additional information.
Packing | Skidding | Shipping Service Providers
Contact: Bob Gray
1040 Corporation Pkwy Ste 116
Tel: (919) 832-9006
Fax: (919) 832-3630
Craters & Freighters - Raleigh-Durham
Contact Evan Lennon
3400 Lake Woodard Drive
Raleigh, NC 27624
TERMS OF SALE
Set forth below are the Terms and Conditions (the "Terms") that shall apply to any purchase by any party (a "Buyer") either directly from The Proxio Group Ltd. (TPG) or in a transaction (a "Transaction") in which TPG serves as broker, agent, liquidator or auctioneer for any third party owner. The Terms apply to all Transactions, including without limitation, public auctions conducted by TPG and direct purchases by Buyer of any item either before, after or independent of any public auction. By using or accessing any and all TPG services and or Websites you agree you have read and understand the Terms stated herein and are bound to these Terms. You may not use or access any and all TPG services if you do not agree to the Terms stated herein.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All machinery, equipment, merchandise and other items (the "Goods") are sold on an "AS IS/WHERE IS" basis with no warranties or representations whatsoever either expressed or implied. Neither TPG nor the consignor makes any warranties or representations of any kind or nature with respect to the property or its value, and in no event shall they be responsible for correctness of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, authenticity, and authorship, and completeness, condition of the property or estimate of its value. No statement (oral or written) in the catalog, at the auction, or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty or representation, or any assumption of responsibility. Prospective bidders are urged to contact TPG directly for detailed information regarding any lot. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY are expressly disclaimed.
2. Registration. Buyers must register prior to bidding at any auction sale and must be of legal capacity to enter into this agreement. All bidders must provide their name, company (if applicable), mailing address and phone number prior to the auction. By registering you represent and warrant any and all Buyer Information is accurate and complete. It is solely the Buyers responsibility to maintain current Buyer Information for completeness and accuracy. TPG reserves the right to deny and or terminate Registrations at any time at its sole discretion without notification. TPG reserves the right to deny usage and access of TPG Services and Websites at any time without notice or liability to any persons or third parties. When applicable, Electronic bidders are required to provide a valid email address and Visa or MasterCard number. At its discretion, TPG may charge a registration fee for Electronic bidding. This fee will be clearly displayed during the registration process. THE BIDDER AUTHORIZES TPG TO CHARGE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES TO THE CREDIT CARD LEFT ON FILE DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS. (See section 9 "Default" below.)
3. Deposits. A Security Deposit of $1000.00 may be requested from all Auction bidders wishing to register and participate in the Auction sale. TPG, in its sole discretion, for non-Canadian or US Residents or companies, may also require a deposit of not less than twenty five percent (25%) of the Buyer’s TOTAL EXPECTED PURCHASE PRICE as an additional Security Deposit prior to registration approval. For all other bidders, TPG requires a deposit of not less than twenty five percent (25%) of the Buyer's TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE by the end of sale day - with the balance due by the end of the next business day. This can be in the form of cash, a cashier’s check, or business check with a bank letter of guarantee for Onsite auctions. For Electronic bidders, at its discretion, TPG may contact bidders via email or telephone before or during the sale to provide a bank letter of guarantee or wire transfer as a deposit. If TPG does not receive a response from its attempts to contact Buyer or if the Buyer does not provide a deposit, TPG reserves the right to refuse or cancel Buyer's bids and re-sell Goods.
4. Invoices & Payment Instructions. For Onsite and Webcast auctions, winning bidders can request a printed paper invoice from the Accounting Manager at the sale location during or after the sale. Electronic bidders will be sent an electronic invoice to the email address provided during registration. Invoices can be faxed upon request. Detailed payment instructions for each sale are available in the printed lot catalog at the sale location on the day of the sale. Electronic bidders will be sent detailed payment instructions via email along with their invoice.
5. Payments. TPG must receive the balance of the total purchase price no later than the close of business on the day following the auction (the "Final Payment Date") Unless otherwise indicated on your invoice. All payments must be by cashier's or certified check, federal wire transfer of immediately available funds, and all of the foregoing must be in form, scope and substance acceptable to TPG. Credit cards are only accepted for Electronic bidding registration and for Liquidated Damages in the event of a default. If paying by credit card, the exchange rate for sales conducted in foreign currencies will be posted the day of the sale and will be based upon the current currency conversion rates.
6. Taxes. Buyer must also pay to TPG on or before the Final Payment Date, all sales, export, use and other taxes due to any federal, state or local taxing authority (the "Taxes") as a result of Buyer's purchase, including without limitation, any taxes arising from any Buyer's Premium (as defined below). To receive the benefit of any tax exemption, Buyer must supply TPG with a sales tax exemption certificate acceptable in form, scope and substance to TPG in TPG sole discretion.
7. Buyer's Premium. TPG, in its sole discretion, will impose a buyer's premium ("Buyer's Premium") on any Goods sold. The Buyer's Premium is a percentage that is added to the final purchase price of any item. An 18% buyer’s premium will be charged on all assets. The buyer’s 8. Removal. (1) Buyers or their Agents must remove all Goods purchased before the final removal date and time announced by TPG at the auction (the "Removal Date"). (2) No Goods shall be removed until the full purchase price and all applicable taxes thereon have been received by TPG in the form required herein. Any Goods not removed on or before the Removal Date shall be subject to storage charges that TPG may in its discretion impose. ANY ITEMS NOT REMOVED ON OR BEFORE THE REMOVAL DATE SHALL BE DEEMED ABANDONED AND TPG SHALL HAVE NO FURTHER OBLIGATION TO BUYER WITH RESPECT TO SUCH ITEMS. (See also #8C.)
8A. Buyer shall be responsible for the safe and proper removal of any Goods purchased by Buyer. TPG does not pack, ship, store, crate or rig items. Buyers may either pick up Goods at the designated auction site personally or can contract with a third party agent to manage the removal process for them. Before Goods can be removed by an Agent, Agent must provide TPG with (1) proof of payment in full Paid In Full Invoice and (2) an "Agent Release Authorization" form which allows TPG to release items to a third party contractor for shipping, crating, rigging or packing purposes. TPG May from time to time, apply a loading charge.
8B. Goods weighing more than 100 pounds must be removed by a qualified, insured rigger. Before any removal, Buyer must provide TPG with a certificate of insurance from the rigger, which certificate must be in form, scope and content acceptable to TPG in TPG sole discretion. Without limiting TPG discretion, such certificate must show that the rigger carries comprehensive liability insurance written by an insurance carrier of national standing and in an amount of not less than two million dollars ($2,000,000.00). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Buyer shall restore and repair all real and personal property that is altered or damaged as a result of Buyer's removal of the Goods. TPG shall have no responsibility to disconnect utilities to the sold asset, including electric, gas, waste and water lines. Buyer is solely responsible to properly remove and store in appropriate containers all fluids, oils, hazardous chemicals, etc., from machinery purchased. Buyer does hereby indemnify TPG, the owner of the Goods and the owner of the premises in which the Goods are located, from any and all claims, damages, and losses arising from Buyer's actions or actions with respect to the Goods and Buyer's presence on the premises in which the Goods are located, including without limitation, injuries to persons or property and environmental violations or contamination. Risk of loss on any Goods shall pass to the Buyer upon payment in full to TPG of all sums due from Buyer in respect to the Goods.
8C. Small Lot Removal. TPG shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any missing or lost items that can be removed by hand if such items have not been removed within forty-eight (48) hours of the conclusion of the sale. There will be NO removal of any lots until the auction is complete.
9. Default. Bidders must bid only on those items they are prepared to pay for and remove in accordance with the terms and conditions of this sale. All items awarded to high bidders are contractually theirs and must be paid for by the Final Payment Date and removed by the Final Removal Date. IN THE EVENT BUYER FAILS TO PERFORM CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS (PAYMENT AND REMOVAL) AS SPECIFIED IN THIS INVITATION TO BID, THE FOLLOWING ACTION APPLIES: PURCHASER WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE PLACED IN DEFAULT. THIS IS YOUR OFFICIAL NOTICE OF DEFAULT. Upon default, the purchaser shall lose all right, title, and interest which he/she might otherwise have acquired in and to such property as to which default has occurred. TPG will re-market and re-sell this property.
9A. Payment Default. Failure to pay invoices in full by the Final Payment Date in accordance with payment terms will subject Bidder to pay as Liquidated Damages a sum equal to the lesser of (1) 20 percent of the invoice price of the item(s) as to which the default has occurred, or (2) the full amount of the difference between the original invoice price and the re-sold price plus any expenses incurred to re-market or re-sell these items. IF TPG HAS NOT RECEIVED PAYMENT FOR WINNING BIDS WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE FINAL PAYMENT DATE, THE BIDDER AUTHORIZES TPG TO CHARGE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES TO THE CREDIT CARD LEFT ON FILE DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
9B. Removal Default. Failure to remove items by the Final Removal Date in accordance with removal terms will subject Bidder to pay as Liquidated Damages the full amount of the expenses incurred to store or transport items until they are re-sold. IF BUYER HAS NOT REMOVED ITEMS WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE FINAL REMOVAL DATE, THE BIDDER AUTHORIZES TPG TO CHARGE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES TO THE CREDIT CARD LEFT ON FILE DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
10. After Buyer has removed any item from TPG possession, TPG shall have no obligation to make any adjustment or accommodation to Buyer because of any mistake in quantity or other defect or problem with respect to such item. Buyer must make all requests for adjustments in writing to TPG before any item is removed from the premises where the auction is conducted.
11. TPG shall not be responsible for any damages, loss or theft of Goods except in the case of TPG willful misconduct. Without limiting the foregoing, TPG shall not be responsible for damages or losses caused by strikes, civil disorders, or acts of God.
12. If for any reason TPG is unable to deliver any Goods purchased by Buyer, TPG sole liability shall be to return all sums paid by Buyer to TPG in respect of such Goods.
13. Minimum or Reserve Prices. TPG, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to establish a reserve or minimum price on any Goods without having to announce, post or publish notice to attendees and buyers at any auction. TPG reserves the right to confirm or reject the final bid and/or to bid on behalf of consignors without posting or publishing notice. Consignors further have the right to bid subject to our terms and conditions.
14. Absentee Bids. By completing an "Absentee (Proxy) Bidder Form," Bidders may appoint TPG to be an agent and proxy for the sole purpose of purchasing the items listed when the Bidder CANNOT bid on the day of the sale. ALL BIDS ARE FINAL AND BINDING and DO NOT
include any applicable buyer's premiums and sales taxes. TPG will bid up to the specified maximum bid amount to win the item. TPG has complete discretion whether and when to accept Proxy bids. The auctioneer's announcements at the time the lot is sold take precedence on any and all published materials. Proxy bidders will be notified only if they have been declared the high bid. Notification will take place in the form of an electronic invoice which will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
15. TPG, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse the bid of any person without providing any notice or reason therefore. TPG reserves the right to deny the usage and access by any person or third party of any and all TPG Services and Websites without notification.
16. TPG, in its sole discretion, shall control all bidding increments and advances at any auction. TPG reserves the right to reject any bid that is only a minimal increase over the preceding bid, that is not commensurate with the value of the item being offered or that TPG believes was made illegally or in bad faith. In the event of a dispute among bidders, TPG may, in its sole discretion, either accept what it deems to be the final bid or solicit further bids on the item in dispute. No returns or refunds will be permitted, unless authorized by the seller in writing.
17. TPG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to sell items advertised as a public auction sale, on a piece by piece basis or as a complete lot. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, TPG may accept a complete lot bid and then conduct an item by item auction which auction shall be effective only if the total proceeds there from exceed the amount of the complete bid.
18. All information provided by TPG to Buyers, including without limitation, any advertising, lot sales catalogs or otherwise, is subject to deletions, errors, additions, and changes without notice. Although information is gathered from sources thought to be reliable, TPG shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any information provided to any attendee or buyers. All buyers shall rely solely on their own investigation and inspection of any Goods.
19. TPG reserves the right to amend any and all of the Terms and Agreements stated herein at any time without notification at TPG sole discretion. It is the Buyers responsibility to read and review the Terms and Conditions for each sale. TPG provides the Terms and Conditions through its Websites and in printed form at on-site auctions.
20. If TPG is selling or auctioning any Goods on behalf of a third party owner, TPG shall act as an agent only and shall have no liability whatsoever for the acts of any owner/principal.
21. Buyers agree to comply will all US export control and related laws, and acknowledge that TPG is not the exporter of any purchased item. Certain items offered for sale at the auction may constitute "Restricted Technology." Under federal law, such items may not be shipped outside the United States or Canada. TPG makes no representation or warranty concerning, and has conducted no investigation to ascertain which items, if any, constitute Restricted Technology.
22. Buyers acknowledge that an auction site is a potentially dangerous place, Flammable, noxious, corrosive and pressurized substances may be present. Heavy equipment may be operated and electrical circuits may be live. Every person enters the auction site at his or her own risk with notice of the condition of the premises and the activities that will be or have been conducted on the premises. No person shall have any claim against TPG, the seller or their respective agents for any injuries sustained or for damages to or loss of property that may occur at the auction site.
23. If the Buyer fails to comply with any of the Terms, TPG shall have all rights and remedies available to it at law and in equity. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, TPG may retain all deposits and partial payments received from Buyer and may resell any Goods that Buyer fails to purchase. Buyer shall be responsible for all costs, losses, and damages suffered by TPG (i) as a result of Buyer's breach of any of the Terms, including without limitation, lost profits and consequential damages, and (ii) incurred in connection with the enforcement of TPG rights, including, without limitation, legal fees and costs and expenses related to the resale of Goods, including storage and rigging fees.
24. The following is specific to the access and usage of TPG Websites including and not limited to any and all features and applications:
a. TPG cannot take responsibility for any losses incurred due to auction software or website malfunction. TPG will not be liable for any costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the unavailability or disruption with auction software functionality. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall TPG be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages that may result from the use or inability to use TPG auction software or the Bidspotter auction platform. TPG does not guarantee compatibility of auction software functionality on any device or browser. Buyers hereby releases and waive any and all claims and/or liability against TPG arising from or in connection with the use of auction software.
b. Each Registrant will specify a unique User Name and Password and it is solely the responsibility of the Registrant to maintain the confidentiality of this User Name and Password.
c. Registrants are solely responsible for any and all transactions or transmissions using their User Name and Password
d. TPG is not responsible for any and all unauthorized or compromised usage of the Registrants User Name and Password. Registrants are responsible for contacting TPG or Bidspotter in writing for any and all unauthorized usage of their User Name and Password.
e. Registrants agree they will not:
i. Disrupt, interfere or create outages to computer networks that directly or indirectly affect TPG or Bidspotter Websites.
ii. Falsely misrepresent or impersonate any other person or entity. Registrants are forbidden from misrepresenting a Registrants employment by or affiliation with any third party. iii. Registrants are forbidden from posting, uploading, transmitting, publishing or distributing any and all information that contains viruses, code, files or programs with the malicious intent of affecting TPG or Bidspotter Websites.
iv. Registrants agree they will not copy, modify, reproduce, distribute or sell any information or material provided through TPG Websites with the intent of commercially TPG Services and Websites.
f. TPG is not responsible for any and all products, content, information or material provided by links to or statements regarding third party services. This includes but not limited to riggers, shippers, partners and any third party services listed, as well as manufacturers brochures, specification sheets, data sheets, or user manuals of any kind whatsoever.
g. Registrants agree TPG and its affiliates, including partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders or co-branders, are not responsible for any and all damages, actual or alleged, resulting from the downloading of any information or materials from TPG or Bidspotter Websites.
25. Buyers agree they will not participate in any bidding practices with the intent of manipulating the bidding. Any and all forms of collusion between Buyers are forbidden. Buyers agree they will not place bids under false names or Buyer Information.
26. TPG reserves the right to withdraw or sell any assets contained in an auction prior to or proceeding the stated auction period without notification. TPG reserve the right to temporarily or permanently end an auction prior to or during the stated auction period at is sole discretion without notification. TPG, in its sole discretion, reserve the right to extend the stated auction period without notification.
27. Buyers agree they will defend, indemnify and hold harmless TPG, including its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, co-branders, or partners, from and against any and all claim, loss, damage, liabilities, judgments, fees and expenses incurred by TPG, including its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, co-branders, or partners, through the use of TPG Services and Websites.
28. By Virtue of registration, Buyers agrees and expressly Opts-In to receive occasional promotional emails from TPG about upcoming auction sales, liquidations, private treaty sales, or any other such email that TPG alone may deem of interest to Buyers. This Opt-In has the same effect as if the Buyer has visited TPG Website and Opted-In to receive emails. Buyers may always choose to opt-out of receiving further emails by using the opt-out option included on every email buyer will receive. For jurisdictional and all intents and purposes, this online auction is deemed to be held and conducted in the City of Dollard des-Ormeaux, Quebec, Canada.
29. Software. Software is not transferable from one party to another. Any software required to operate and auction item sold is not transferable from one owner to another. We are not responsible for transfering or obtaining software for any auction item sold whatsover. Software includes item specific operation software, calibration disks, data acquisition software, or disc operating software, and any other reference to software which may or may not be applicable to a particular equipment or operation.