Política de privacidad
Last Updated: October 15, 2015
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, register for an auction, participate in an auction or any other interactive features of the Services, send a message via our Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest, promotion or survey, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, fax number, postal address, company name, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Auction Information: We collect information about your participation in auctions via the Services, including auction sign-ups, bidding history, outbids, defaults, purchases, items on your wish list and other auction participation information.
- Log File Information: We collect log files in connection with your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information from your computer or mobile device when you access our Services, including cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you. For example, we may receive information about you from auctioneers (such as feedback about your participation in an auction) and from third-party identification verification services.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Conduct auctions, and send you auction-related information, including notices and confirmations;
- Facilitate the processing of your transactions, and receive payment of our fees in connection with your use of our Services;
- Facilitate your communications with other users of our Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by BidSpotter and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected, to the extent such purpose is necessarily contemplated by the collection of such information or is otherwise indicated via the Services at the time of collection.
Sharing of Information
- With the auctioneers who operate auctions with which you have registered, who may use such information for their direct marketing purposes and other internal business purposes (including to decide whether to block a bidder from an auction). If you are a California resident, please see “Your Choices” below for more information about this sharing.
- With our affiliated companies, such as ATG Media Ltd., who may use such information for direct marketing and other internal business purposes. If you are a California resident, please see “Your Choices” below for more information about this sharing.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf including third-party payment processors that process your payment transactions initiated through our Services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of BidSpotter or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
BidSpotter takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete your online account information by logging into your account. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from BidSpotter by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.